BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

If You Care To Read

I know in my blogs it seems like I complain a lot. I am sorry but I guess life is stressful sometimes and I vent on a blog. Kinda silly huh. Well this one is more like another little release. Considering at the moment I have no one to really talk. I mentioned in a previous blog that my Dad has congestive heart failure. A last week he called to check up on  me. Halfway through the conversation he asked me to keep a secret. I told him it depended on the situation if I could. He told me he stopped taking his medications that he is just going to let his heart get worse in order to speed up his heart transplant chances. I told him that the he was being selfish. That he didn't consider his family in his decision. I was so upset that after we hung up. I debated for awhile if I should tell my brothers. The bad thing is that I didn't. Now tonight my Dad is in the hospital. He sounds horrible. The doctors told him today that his heart is weaker and is failing. I asked him if he told the Doctors that he wasn't taking his medication.Of course he didn't so I am telling my brothers so they can speak to them.I guess being up here in Utah took me from the reality of my Dad's condition. I don't want to lose my Dad.I have had plenty of scares with my Dad's health. I guess I am scared that one of these times it will be the last one. 

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

That must be really hard. And it is something you can't control which is also difficult. Hope your dad gets better.

joyciebear said...

yo yo yo brennie! i can relate in some ways to this because my dad has had a lot of problems with his heart too. just know that whatever happens, you'll always be surrounded by people who love you...always. and count me in with that bunch! i hope pops gets the transplant soon. i want you to have your dad as long as possible too. but no matter how long he's here...every day truly is a gift. it's an opportunity to show those we love just how much we care about them. i know sometimes he can be tough to get along with but even when he's being difficult, just show him how much you care for him so that when the time comes, whether its tomorrow, in 5 years, or 20 years, you'll have no regrets, no "what ifs" or "i should have..."s. Keep your chin up. I love ya girl!