BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Keep, Keep, Keep it up

One night as I was laying down in my bed I looked up and the moon was just over my head. My I-Pod was playing and the song that played was by La Rocca. As I laid there I began to think a lot about life. What is the point in living life blinded. To not look around you and see the beauty in it. Everyday as I drive to school there is this guy who stands at the same corner waving a sign for Little Cesar's Pizza. He has his headphones on and dances to his own beat. I have come to notice that each occasion that I have seen him he is always smiling. One day as I was stopped at the light I watched him and he turned to wave. I waved back and smiled it was hard not to because his smile was so infectious. This guy loved what he was doing and I tend to complain about the smaller things in life. I have allowed myself to get so caught up with school,work and emotions that I forgot me. I used to do many things in my spare time painting,drawing,writing and going out. Not being scared that sometimes it is o.k to be alone. I used to do it with out feeling like a complete loser because I was not hanging out with anyone. I think those were happy times because I was doing things that I love. Recently I began writing again just for fun. I am writing a story about fictional characters but they all embody friends that I have now or have had in my life. I talked to my sister about it and she began reading the first few chapters. Jokingly she told me that this could even be one of those t.v dramas. So then it transformed into a script. My sister just about ever week comes by and reads the next episode. For awhile I did not write anything and she was asking me what happened to this character and what is going to happen between so and so.She was dissapointed that I had nothing for her to read. Even though she is the only one reading my sitcom I feel good because she takes interest in what I am writing. As  of right now I am in season 3 Episode 5 and well if your lucky I might let a few of you read it. I try to take scenarios from events that I had to go though and make the conflicts that these characters go though realistic. I love creative writing it was always my strong point for me in English. Also another thing to add earlier today I went into my storage unit to look for my i-pod adapter that got mixed in with some boxes. As I opened the box full of  old yearbooks from high school along with other books I came across one called Peculiar I noticed in the book was a piece of paper. There laying in this book was my Patriarchal blessing. I have been looking for it for almost a 6 months. I was upset because I figured I lost it and here it was. I began to read it and I realized I need to focus more on the good and keep working at my talents. To keep being optimistic! :)

1 comments:

Jonathan said...

I've had moments like that when I wonder how I can be unhappy when I see others who have very little, yet are so happy. I'm glad you found your blessing! Hope your thanksgiving was wonderful.