BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Passion


Last night I went to a film shoot of one my friends (Jonathan). I am so glad that he invited me! As you may or not know I want to major in film. I have never been on a film shoot before so the experience was all new to me.  When you are asked the question in high school what do you want to be I had always settled to be a teacher. My Mom was set on me being one because two of my Aunt's are teachers at local schools and she said that I would get great experience from them. Film was not even an idea yet. I guess you can say that it was my secret desire. I used to listen to music or read a book and think in my head how would I envision this. I loved it! One day just out of boredom I began to mix audio clips and clips from my favorite t.v shows and made up little videos. I jokingly mention it to my Dad and he asked to see them. I was nervous having him watching them because to me they were just some stupid boredom videos. His response kinda came as a shock  when he said "I think this is what you need to be doing." "Working with music videos and working towards films." "You would be a great teacher but I think this is your true passion." I began researching more about it. Then I talked to my Uncle and he told my Aunt who directs music videos for up an coming artist. She said that I could intern with her after I graduate. I began to feel more excited but not as excited as last night when I truly realized this was what I wanted to do. Jonathan posed a question to me about what did I want to do on a film. He began listing all the different departments. Honestly I was not sure. That night I was the P.A girl. I basically ran around and fetched stuff for the crew and the cast. Thirsty got it...Gaff tape got it! I even was a an extra as a dead body. Which was also fun because it was another new experience for me. Also playing a dead girl was interesting especially having to lay on a guys lap for awhile. I guess that is one way to know your neighbor better! The film shoot went on til about 2:30 a.m I began to feel tired and knowing that I had to be up for work that morning made me feel even more exhausted. I came out of this experience with more of a an appreciation for how movies are made. It is a lot of hard work and patience. But above all I came out the experience knowing what I want to be...a Director. 

1 comments:

Jonathan said...

YAY! I'm glad you liked it and that it was a beneficial experience. Hopefully you got a nap!