BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Trolley Ride


So I have never been on a Trolley by myself. I had to take the trolley to meet up with my family halfway to carpool up to an event. I was really nervous and a little scared to be honest. I took the trolley around 4 p.m when people are catching it to take home. I had maybe 6 stops til i arrived to my stop. I sat by myself when this older couple came on from the second stop. They sat across from me and struck up a conversation. They talked about places to eat and suggested one for me. Then the lady talked about how they meet. She is from New York and her husband from Minnesota. They meet in college at SDSU. She said that they always hung out as friends going on group outings. They found out later that they both liked each other but both never said anything. I asked, "well someone had to make the first move." "Who was it?" The lady smiled and said "I did," and went on to explain she called him that her fire alarm wouldn't go off. He said he would be over shortly to fix it. The fire alarm was not working simply because she took the batteries out and when he got there she made him dinner. I smiled at their story and couldn't help but notice the way they smiled at each other. They looked like a younger couple telling each other that they love each other for the first time. After the story they asked me if I had anyone. I said that I don't. The lady just smiled and complimented me by saying "I beat you are a heart breaker"  I just smiled and said "I'm not sure about that." She smiled and than said "You are have to think of yourself more highly...your a pretty girl." The next stop came and more people piled in. They kept talking to me about school and if I was going to SDSU. Then my stop came and I politely said good bye. The couple smiled at me and told me to have a good day. That couple was so cute. I couldn't help but tell my story to my family. I also thought about what she said. I need to have more self-esteem and to think more highly of myself.

1 comments:

Jonathan said...

I love old people. Thanks for sharing the story. I think it is hard for most people to be self-confident and really think highly of themselves.

Self confidence is an attractive trait all by itself.